Dog Shampoo and Dog Deshedding in Killeen, TX
Paw Sitively Swaggin takes pride in only using high-quality dog grooming products. That’s why we exclusively use natural shampoos and de-shedding conditioners when we wash your dog. You may be wondering what makes natural shampoos and conditioners stand out from the crowd. Unfortunately, not every shampoo and conditioner market for dogs is created equal. In fact, some can do more harm than good to your pup’s coat and skin.
Natural shampoos and conditioners are made with ingredients that are designed to be gentle on your dog’s skin and coat. They are also free of harsh chemicals that can dry your dog’s skin or strip away the natural oils that help keep their coat healthy.
Killeen Dog Bather
Unfortunately, many dog shampoos on the market contain chemicals and other irritants that can harm your dog’s skin. Chemical-filled dog shampoos may be extremely harsh on your dog’s skin, especially if he or she has sensitive skin or other skin problems and diseases.
Dogs are naturally inclined to chew and lick themselves. You don’t want them to consume any chemicals from the shampoo that might remain on their skin and hair. As you may assume, these substances can have a detrimental impact on their tummies.
We understand that you want what’s best for your dog. That’s why we only use natural shampoos and conditioners at our grooming salon. Paw Sitively Swaggin has a wide variety of Killeen bather shampoos and conditioners for different coat types and needs. We are confident that we have the perfect product for your pup.
Dog Skin Allergies and Other Skin Issues
Dogs face the same skin problems that people do. Unfortunately, these issues can be made worse by chemical-rich shampoos and conditioners, much as they can in humans. One of the most serious hazards associated with using a lot of store-bought shampoos and conditioners is that your dog may develop an allergy to one or both substances.
It’s not only unpleasant and unenjoyable for your pet, but it can also be aggravating for you as a dog owner since many of these shampoos and conditioners include a slew of synthetic and chemical compounds. This makes identifying the substance in the product that your dog has reacted to difficult. However, you’ll know exactly what you’re putting on your dog’s skin and coat when you use natural products.
These items are made with all-natural, low-allergy ingredients that will help you identify what your dog is allergic to. Many dogs have dry, flaky skin as well. This might be observed if your dog scratches frequently. When their skin is dry, it can be quite uncomfortable for them. As a result of their discomfort and itching, they may scratch themselves excessively, which can lead to hot spots, hair loss, and other skin issues.
Good quality shampoo and conditioner can help alleviate your dog’s dry skin by cleansing and hydrating their coat. This will help restore the natural oils that keep their skin healthy while preventing excessive shedding.
Shampoos and conditioners with dyes or chemicals are notorious for being harsh on the skin. Even shampoos and conditioners designed to help dry, sensitive skin may include a slew of chemicals that can be dangerous for dogs, and they only work as long as you keep using them. In the end, they may be causing more damage to your dog’s coat and skin than good. On the other hand, natural shampoos and conditioners are made with ingredients that will help improve your dog’s skin and coat health in the long run.
How to Bathe Your Dog
Some dogs enjoy being bathed. Other dogs, not so much. Here are some ideas to help you get through bath time with your dog and ensure that all your effort is worth it.
- Before you begin bathing your dog, brush them. This will remove some of the loose hair that may be gathered in their coats and, if there is any tangling while you bathe them, it can help reduce it.
- Make sure the water isn’t too chilly or scorching. Dogs prefer their bathwater to be at a pleasant, comfortable lukewarm temperature because it is more comfortable for their skin. If your dog is naturally warm, use colder water.
- Use only human hair products, such as shampoo and conditioner. These shampoos and conditioners might be even more irritating and harmful than non-natural dog shampoos and conditioners. Instead, make effort to use natural dog shampoos and de-shedding treatments.
- You can use a brush to clean your dog’s face. Scrub softly. You don’t have to be overly harsh when washing your dog if they’re on the bigger side. However, by scrubbing aggressively, you risk irritating their skin.
- Rinse your dog’s hair and fur, as well as any conditioner residue on their skin, with clean water. While these products are natural, they aren’t made to be left on your dog’s skin and coat.
- Allow your dog to air dry. Dog blow driers are potentially harmful to your pet’s skin. However, a dog-friendly towel or a dryer designed specifically for dogs would be fine if you’re in a rush.
Paw Sitively Swaggin Bathing and Grooming Services
Paw Sitively Swaggin offers a dog-loving team that will care for your dog’s bathing and grooming needs so you don’t have to. Our staff is knowledgeable and well-trained in sanitizing your pet with safe, healthy products. Call now or contact us online to book your dog’s next appointment!